1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting,see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are."
— My father’s recipe for the man I should marry. (via inkskinned)
I have blond hair.
My current hair color is not my natural hair color.
I have curly hair.
I have green eyes.
I have red hair.
I have natural highlights.
I am black.
I have lots of freckles.
My nails are usually painted.
I wear a lot of eye make-up.
I have bangs.
I have short hair.
I wear a lot of pink.
I own a hair straightener.
I have my own car.
I have posters on my walls.
I have a pet.
I own a pair of roller skates or blades.
I have lots of bobby pins.
I own at least four bottles of perfume.
I have a lot of jewellery I never wear.
I own at least 5 pairs of jeans.
I own Converse.
I own a pair of high heels.
I own a leather jacket.
I have a step-relative.
I am adopted.
My biological parents are married to each other.
I am an only child.
At least one of my great-grandparents is still alive.
All of my grandparents are still alive.
I am related to someone famous.
I have a sibling who is in college.
I am a twin or a triplet.
I have a sibling who is married.
I have a sibling who is less than five years old.
I have more than one sibling.
I see my cousins often.
I am lactose intolerant.
I have a food allergy.
Someone in my family has died of cancer.
I have had surgery.
I have scoliosis.
I take / have taken anti-depressants.
I have attempted suicide.
I have been in the hospital in the past year.
I have broken a bone.
I have had strep throat.
I don’t drink enough water. (sometimes, lol).
I exercise for more than 10 hours a week.
I wear glasses and/or contacts.
I have a best friend.
I am friends with a pair of twins.
I am close friends with at least one of my neighbours.
I have at least one friend who lives in a different country.
I have had a near-death experience.
The police have been summoned to my house.
I have been nearly run over by some sort of large vehicle.
I have been snorkelling.
I have been to at least 2 weddings.
I have been to at least 2 funerals.
I have been to an overnight summer camp.
I have been on a train.
I have lived in a different country.
I have spent the night in a motel.
I have written a novel.
I have been zip-lining.
I have been to a wedding or funeral outside of my home country.
I have failed a class.
I have cut class.
I have gotten a speeding ticket.
I have gotten a parking ticket.
I have been in a car crash.
I have been sent to the principal’s office.
I have been arrested.
I have been drunk.
I have taken a ballet class.
I have driven a car.
I have been on an upside-down roller coaster.
I have gone to school or work after a sleepless night.
I have flown in a hot-air balloon.
I have spent more than 48 hours without sleep.
I have been in a talent show.
I have read Sherlock Holmes.
I have read all of the Harry Potter books.
I have seen all of the Harry Potter movies.
I saw the last Harry Potter movie in cinema.
I have thrown up on a plane.
I have worn my pyjamas out in public.
I have worn my hair in a fishtail braid.
I have never been trick-or-treating.
I have posted a video on YouTube.
I have seen an episode of Supernatural.
I have worn coloured contacts before.
I have tried out for a sports team.
I have auditioned for a play.
I have been in a school play.
I have had a main role in a school play.
I have a job.
I am afraid of heights.
I am not religious.
I live in an apartment.
I am extremely familiar with jet lag.
I want to change my name.
My first name ends with the letter “A.”
I don’t get nervous before making a presentation.
I have more than one citizenship.
I was born in a city.
I run a video blog.
I know what I want to do with my life.
I am insecure about my voice.
I worry a lot about my future.
I have been to a third-world country.
I have been to the Carribean.
I have been to Boston.
I have visited a college.
I have been to Florida.
I have been to New York City.
I have visited another country.
I have been to Egypt.
I am fluent in more than one language.
I have read a book in another language.
I can braid hair.
I can do a cartwheel. :(
I can do a handstand underwater.
I play Skyrim.
I play Minecraft.
I like country music.
I like to read fanfiction.
I watch Doctor Who.
I enjoy hiking.
I run track.
I like cooking shows.
I like chick flicks.
I love poetry.
I have written a song.
I am interested in cinematography.
Likes and Dislikes:
I like lobster.
I like strawberries.
I hate making my bed.
I enjoy science fiction.
I like roller coasters.
I like watermelon.
I like going back-to-school shopping.
I go to the movies at least once a month.
I continuously bite my nails.
I have a habit of biting my lip.
I tap my foot when I’m nervous.
I have a paper calendar on my wall.
I often have to replace my earbuds.
Guys saying they wanna marry a religous traditional innocent girl from their homeland while they fucked numerous girls themself before marriage make me wanna throw up. You don’t deserve to marry these wonderful women. You don’t even deserve the girl you banged last night.
thank you. finally someone understands me.